If you use yoga props in your practice, you obviously appreciate what they can do for you. If you use Three Minute Egg yoga props in your practice, you know how good they can make you feel! Our Yoga Eggs support your body in asanas unlike anything else because of their ergonomic shape. For example, several Eggs can cradle your body in Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Cobbler’s Pose), and it can provide an additional challenge in Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand).
The problem with yoga props these days is that they’re mostly made out of materials that are potentially bad for the body and often times worse for the Earth. For example, yoga mats were made out of PVC for years before a lot of folks realized they were allergic to PVC!
Part of the yogic lifestyle includes consciousness and concern for our carbon footprint. We eat organic foods. We buy natural products. And we recycle.
Yoga Props and the Earth
We’d all like to think that our yoga props will last forever. But forever is a long time. What does last forever are the materials left over from making yoga props. These will sit in landfills for an eternity. And this is why, when Three Minute Egg ® found out we could make our Eggs biodegradable without sacrificing their look and feel, we jumped at the opportunity. But we're getting ahead of ourselves here.
* Did you know that the first Eggs were made out of wood? That might come back, by the way. Stay tuned!
The most important thing about making Eggs is that the materials suit the application. While something hard, like wood, is great for balancing postures, it’s not as well-suited for restorative yoga as something softer, like foam. This is why we changed from wood to foam. Our Yoga Eggs are made with high-quality materials, designed to be durable because we want you to use them… repeatedly! Our ECO Eggs represent the newest evolution in high-quality foam. Not only are they 100% made in the USA, they are made from a special foam that is 100% biodegradable.
With the ECO Eggs, you still get the quality you expect from us. Like our Classic Namastegg, ECO Eggs will last a long time and with proper care will stand up to regular use. The difference is that when you do finally discard your ECO Eggs, they will biodegrade faster and more completely in the landfill than other types of foam products. In addition, the foam waste from making the ECO Eggs also decomposes faster, which is better for the planet.
We’ve identified four significant ways that buying biodegradable yoga props is better than buying non-biodegradable products:
- Safe for your body and your planet. Three Minute Egg ® uses a non-toxic, cross-linked polyethylene foam to make our Eco-friendly ergonomic yoga props.
- Our biodegradable products break down faster in the landfill, so unlike those plastic grocery bags, they won’t pile up or create their own island in the Pacific!
- High quality and long lasting. The fact that they are made with biodegradable materials doesn’t mean that our ECO Eggs will break down while you are using them. Our ECO Eggs last just as long and feel just as great as our regular foam Yoga Eggs.
- Buying ECO Eggs reduces all of our carbon footprint. ECO Eggs are 100 percent Made in the USA from American-made biodegradable foam.
Reading all these advantages of the Three Minute Egg ® ECO Egg may make you stop and ask, “What’s in my yoga products?” If you don’t know, ask the company you bought them from. Or for peace of mind, return your old yoga blocks to us as part of our “One Buck Big Block Buy Back” program and replace them with our guilt-free ECO Eggs. You’ll sleep better in Savasana.
Three Minute Egg’s Eco-friendly yoga props are a win-win-win — for you, your practice and the planet.